Monday, July 5, 2010

god bless america

Our fourth of July celebration was fun and festive.  Lofton's grandparents graciously hosted us at the lake.

There was a lot of gabbing, eating, and swimming.  The teenagers enjoyed zipping around the lake on the tube and the old man even got in on some action.  





He's hurting today, but for that fleeting moment he felt young again.

Little man enjoyed a relaxing pontoon boat ride.  It was his first boat ride-- ever.  


He thought it was fabulous.  And he would now like a boat.  {Hint, hint Big Daddy.}

We capped off our evening with a boom-tastic fireworks display.  Bright lights, the smell of smoke, and the sounds of people ooohing and aaahing.  Fireworks = 4th of July.



Don't let the hair confuse you.  Nothing says Americana like making your kid look like Elvis. 

Although the preparing for family fun is not always so fun, having them here is always a gut-busting good time.  We laughed til it hurt. It was a perfect distraction from what's coming my way tomorrow.

I'm thankful for our troops, thankful for our freedom, and thankful to share all of it with my sweet Little Boo.


And I'm thankful for these little toes.  I love these feet.

Tomorrow promises to be an eventful {and painful} day.  I'll apologize now for the upcoming blog drought.  Please forgive me as I take a medical leave of absence.

No comments: