Saturday, July 10, 2010

small victory

Just finished choking down some oatmeal.  Small victories, right?  It's the first food of substance I've had in five days.  I'm hungry-- just can't find anything that's tolerable on my throat.  

Saturdays are usually my favorite days.  I love running errands, and Saturday always means errands-- and two whole days of husband time.  Not this Saturday.  Today I have napped, re-read a few magazines, watched television {damn you food network}, and finished a book.  

It's official.  I'm bored.  But I'm not supposed to do anything that might elevate my blood pressure.  Not that I'm contemplating exercise anytime soon.  

Lofton did take me for a spin around the block.  Truthfully though, getting dressed to get in the car and then actually getting in the car, wore me out.

For all the jokes I've made in the last few weeks about Lofton's lack of compassion, he actually has been pretty fantastic.  He's johnny on the spot with anything I need and more than willing to take the lead parenting role.  It has been quite a blessing.

Tomorrow, Buck rolls into town for his turn on the "nurse Elizabeth back to health" bandwagon.  I've promised not to hold anything he lets Reese do {or eat} against him.  Just uber-grateful for the help.

No comments: