Thursday, July 8, 2010

hanging in

I'm alive. Not feeling too swell, but alive.  

The surgery went great {or so I'm told}.  I was uber-anxious about being put to sleep so they gave me a little extra medicine to calm my nerves.

The past few days have been a blur of medicine, vanilla pudding, and sonic ice.  Those are about the only things I'm willing to choke down.  This hurts.  A LOT.  And evidently my breath smells foul.  

Sweet husband took yesterday and Tuesday off work to take care of me.  He has been quite the nurse-- fetching me ice and magazines, setting his alarm to get up in the middle of the night for my meds, and even sitting in the bathroom yesterday so I didn't fall over in the shower.

Both of our moms have also been here helping out and we are so grateful.  

Mama's are the best.

No comments: