Sunday, December 5, 2010

decking the halls

Can I get a War EAGLE?  We are so excited about our spot in the national championship game and so proud for our football team.  What a year to be an Auburn Tiger!

In other news, I've been working to get these halls decked out for Christmas.  We ventured to the Christmas tree farm yesterday and what a jolly event it was.


We don't actually ride in the tractor and cut down our own tree because I don't like leyland cypress trees.  I prefer frasier firs, this we just buy our tree already cut down at the farm.  This year we got a stellar deal on our tree because it has a minor boo-boo on one side.  Since our tree sits between our front-room bookshelves, one side is hidden, and for $4o off we couldn't beat it.

Decorating has been joyful, oh so joyful.  I've let more than a few un-Christmas like words slip past my lips.  Shoot.  Sorry Santa.


As we were hanging ornaments I explained to Reese some of them were breakable, which means we have to be very careful not to drop them.  In true toddler form, he picked up a glass ornament and hurled it to the floor, shattering it into a million tiny glass shards.  Then he said, "Oh man."

Not exactly what I was thinking son, but close.

Needless to say the remainder of the decorating was done during nap time.  


Speaking of the toddler, we were snuggling in bed this morning and I asked him what he wanted for Christmas.  His list was short and simple:  shoes, fruit snacks, and toothpaste.  Check.  We have all of those purchased.  Love how his little brain works!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Ha ha ha. I love this story! Can't wait to see the tree. xoxo