· This is a nightmare time of the year to be a teacher. I struggle daily not to turn into some hybrid version of the Grinch. The kids are excited about the impending arrival of Santa, and I’m trying to balance Christmas craft making with fractions and author’s purpose. Sheesh. I hate crafts.
· I might have accidentally allowed Reese to think Santa’s name is “Merry Christmas.” And like a sponge he absorbed what I said. I think what happened is I pointed at Santa and said “Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas” and in his little {in size only} brain it stuck. So now when he sees Santa he points and says “look Mama, Merry mismas!”
· Speaking of Reese and Christmas, I’m overjoyed at his interest in the season this year. He’s at the perfect age: old enough to finally see that something exciting and magical is occurring, BUT young enough to care diddly squat about the “commercial” aspect of the holiday. In fact, I asked him Monday if he wanted Santa Claus to come visit our house and he said no. Fabulous.
· I have finished shopping for Reese but bought no gifts for anyone else. Shoot. I bought all Reese’s gifts off the Internet. If you know me well you know I hate crowds. Shopping at the mall this time of year gives me an anxiety attack—complete with hives. I’m slowly working on getting other people marked off the list. Slowly.
· We are getting our tree Saturday! I love real Christmas trees. In fact, I think fake trees border on being sacrilegious. Last year I had high hopes for adorable photo ops of my little man, but this year I’m more realistic. I may not even take my camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment