Friday, December 10, 2010

merry, merry

We had our class poetry recitation today.  Can I tell you how much I despise getting ready for this but then absolutely love the performance?  I feel that way EVERY year.  Begging and badgering the kids to memorize the poems, gathering props, cleaning my classroom, baking and bringing snacks and punch… it’s an armload of work, especially when you are your room mom. 


Oh but seeing these little round faces all dressed up in their Christmas finest makes my heart sing.  They recite their sweet poems-- some quickly because their nervous and others with loud joyful voices, they beam with pride because their parents and grandparents are here to see them, and then they gorge themselves on punch and cookies.  It’s glorious.


I added singing to our program this year and I was blown away.  We opened with “Up on the Housetop” which is my favorite, and closed with “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”


It’s been a special day for sure.


Now if we can make it through next week…

No comments: