Tuesday, December 28, 2010

leisure time

It's a misconception that being a teacher is an easy job.  Far from it, actually.  Between dealing with unhappy parents to making sure kids are engaged and attentive all day, teaching is a JOB. 


Don't get me wrong, it's a job I love, but it's hard work.  Which is why, although I'd never cut it as a stay at home mom, I love these few weeks at home. Actually, the first week of Christmas break is far from relaxing.  Running errands, buying last minute gifts, cooking, and trying to coordinate schedules is not my idea of relaxation.  


BUT this week, the week between Christmas and going back to work?  Ahhh.  Reese and I love this time together.  We can wake up when we want, take our time getting dressed, and just ENJOY being home.  In fact, as I type, we are in my bed-- huddled under the covers.  One of us is enjoying cheerios and Mickey Mouse, while I blog.  Perfection.


Tomorrow I move a tad bit closer to the big 3-0.  Stinker.  Lofton is taking the day off and the three of us have big plans.  I'm excited to spend the day with my boys.  Even if it does mean I'm old.

No comments: