Saturday, December 25, 2010

this is the day

Christmas.  

Between you and me I can say that the prospect of spending Christmas without my parents {and brother} has weighed on my heart.  I've cried many tears this week, imagining waking up on Christmas morning without my family for the first time.  But, miraculously, I've survived.  

A wise woman told me to hold on to my husband and my baby whenever I felt sad-- and it certainly helped.  It also helps that this sweet boy was amazed at Santa's bounty this morning.  

pardon the quality-- my camera was left at the lake
It would appear that he was a good little boy this year.  It would also appear {to the trained eye} that some of his gifts have been seen before.  Behold:



The train.  

Had we only known the joy it would bring we might have put it together in October when we gave it to Reese for his birthday.  Yep.  We re-gifted our son.  


Two little elves stayed up extra late last night putting it together -- long after this elf went to sleep!  Thanks to my BIL, John Lee, I actually got a few scant hours of sleep last night.  

Reese had other gifts, too.  A coat, an easel, some books - puzzles- and movies, the fruit snacks he requested, refrigerator magnets, AND a super-hero cape. 


The cape didn't come from us, it was the brainchild of his Aunt Cassie and Uncle Hugh, but he LOVES it.  Between the cape and the drill his G & Gran gave him, he's in toddler toy heaven.  


And this Mama and Daddy are spent.  So, while I have adorable pictures of this pint sized hero playing in the snow,  I'm too tired to load and edit them.  You'll have to stay tuned....

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love it. Love the post, love you three, especially the cape-wearing one.