Thursday, December 30, 2010
pinch me, i'm dreaming
Delightful. If I had to use one word to describe my birthday yesterday that would be it.
I woke up to a card signed in scribble and Greta. Who is Greta? No, Lofton didn’t get me a russian maid, but he did get me a GPS for my car. Greta the Garmin is pretty fantastic, and although I don’t travel far from home often, she is sure to come in handy when I do.
After a trip through my favorite place {Starbucks} we were on the road to Atlanta. What could be better than a day spent shopping with my two favorite boys? Not much...
Except, while we were at IKEA, I turned the corner AND surprise! Two of my favorite people in the whole world were standing in front of me. Cassie & Hugh came down from Augusta to spend the day with us. I feel pretty special because Hugh is on his two week break from med school and understandably selective about how he spends his free time.
It was pretty much the best birthday in the whole world. There was shopping, eating, a few drinks, and lots of laughs. I love my husband, adore my baby, and have missed Cassie terribly, so the combination of all my favorite things was almost too much to process.
Happy Birthday to me. Maybe 28 won’t be so bad after all....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So good to see your face yesterday. We love you three so much. Cheers to twenty-eight!
Post a Comment