Monday, December 20, 2010

the opposite of feeling festive

This weekend we celebrated Christmas with mi familia.  It’s a little bittersweet, as this is the first Christmas EVER that I won’t be with my family on Christmas.  I could go on, but I won’t.  


Needless to say our festive plans were derailed when I began suddenly ill.  Suddenly and violently ill from food poisoning.  At first I thought it was from Lofton and I’s romantic anniversary dinner, but then my dad got sick and I realized it was from the sandwich we shared at lunch Saturday.  


My fancy Christmas dinner was prepared by the fabulous duo of my mom and Lofton.    Beef tenderloin with a horseradish sauce, creamed spinach, green bean bundles, and parmesan corn soufflé. I’m told it was delicious.


I dragged myself out of bed long enough to open gifts-- and watch little man open his.  Lofton, Reese and I were spoiled beyond belief, as usual.  Reese got a pair of new kicks, an awesome Auburn rug to drive his race cars on, books, a movie, a laptop and more.  Lofton got some clothes and a turkey blind, plus these really cool whiskey rocks {so his cocktails won’t be diluted with melted ice}.  And what did I get?  An orange kitchen aid mixer.  Basically my dream gift.   I got other things too, but really, the kitchen aid mixer overshadows anything else.  


Sunday afternoon {after I napped most of the day} we headed to Fantasy in Lights at  Callaway Gardens.  The lights were amazing and Reese loved {i.e. screamed hysterically because he didn’t want to leave} the trolley ride.  We’ve taken a family vote and decided that next time we’ll ride in the warmth of the car.  It was chilly.  Daddy and Jackson barely survived.


And now, the husband is at work on this Monday before Christmas, and the family is headed home.  I contemplated stowing away with Reese in their car... but didn’t. 


Bathroom pictures coming soon....

No comments: